Saturday, October 20, 2007

Day 11 VLCD - slow but steady!

Round 1
Date started – October 8th, 2007
Starting Weight – 267 lbs
Weight today – 255 lbs
Weight loss today – 0.5 lbs
Weight loss yesterday – 1 lb
Weight loss since beginning – 12 lbs

0.5 pounds today! Slow but steady.. I'll take it!

Today I feel a little more centered. I had a girls' night with my daughter, and we watched "Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants" and "Mean Girls" (both on WTN). What a great movie the "Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants" is. It makes you laugh, it makes you cry, and it really makes you see the bigger picture.

Yes, it's true that weight loss is a big focus in my life right now, but the movie made me remember that there is so much more that is important to me. I have this body that's bigger than I'd like it to be, but it's healthy, I have no diseases or challenges. I need to just let the weight loss come, and remember to smell the roses. There have been too many days of "When I'm thin, I'll do this, or that", etc. No more of that! Life is not a dress rehearsal. Thin or fat, or somewhere in between, I'll realize how blessed I am, and live every day counting my blessings.

Cheryl

2 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Traveling pants is such a great movie, I tune into it anytime I see it playing on one of the channels. The last time my son actually watched it with me! He loved it!

Great job on the weight loss! WOO HOO FOR YOU! It happens, and it's something we really can't see until we look 'back' at the time we spent on the protocol. Wait till you get into the 2nd round..you really could care less!

cherylk said...

Thanks, Biz! I'll keep reminding myself that one day I'll get to look back at these days and see how far I've come. I really appreciate the supportive words!

Now I'm off to see your Blog! I haven't been on my computer today. I'm curious to see how your weekend went :)

Cheryl