Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Day 15 VLCD

Round 1
Date started – October 8th, 2007
Starting Weight – 267 lbs
Weight today – 250.5 lbs
Weight loss today – 1 lb
Weight loss yesterday – 1.5 lbs
Weight loss since beginning – 16.5 lbs

Another pound down! Yay!! I'm getting that "this can't be real" feeling, and I actually have anxiety every time I step on the scale, expecting it to be a dream! I can't believe how awesome this diet is!!!

Ok, onto the less "sunshine and rainbows" hehe. Alright.. now I do think it's awesome that my hubby is doing the protocol with me, I really do! But he's driving me a little batty today. He wants me to tell him what to eat, how much, weigh it for him, keep track of it, etc. THEN when I do all that, he says, "this diet is easy, I don't know what you're talking about!" with a big cheery smile! I could smack him! hehe. The worst part is that I know if I don't weigh his food, and keep track of it, he'll just "wing it". I don't want to screw up his hypothalamus! Ahhhhh men! Plus, you watch, he's going to drop weight like crazy and not stall at all. He's only about 20 lbs overweight, and he could honestly drop that in a month without dieting. He has an amazing metabolism, that I would die for.

Back to the sunshine! I have less than a pound to go until I'm into the 240's. I haven't been there in probably 5 years, or so. I don't even know! I know that every time I diet. I give up at 255-ish, because the weight loss stops. Now, in one or 2 days, I will be at a weight I haven't seen in years. I think I might cry.

Today we did the picture thing. My hubby put on these god awful skimpy briefs and danced around and made me laugh. (TMI, I know, but I'm posting it for a reason...) Anyway, he said, "come on, let's take our pictures, it will be fun!) I don't know about FUN, having photographic evidence of how much weight I've gained is NOT fun, but I'm glad I'll have them to look back on! When I've got something to compare them to, I'll post... It's not pretty, folks!

I just want to say thanks so much for all of your support. I can't talk to any of my friends about this. They are all skinny and complain if they gain 5 pounds. They would never understand what an emotional thing it is to carry all this weight around. I've felt androgenous around them for probably 7 or 8 years. (not exactly sure when I started the weight gain) I can't believe that my dream of wearing a bathing suit on the beach, and not feeling like everyone is watching me and pointing, is GOING to come true!

Happy losing everyone! (or maintaining if that's where you're at!) Today is a great day!

Cheryl :)

5 comments:

Amie said...

Awesome Cheryl! Your man sounds (almost) just like mine... except that you are a WAAAY nicer person than me, because I told him if he didn't take care of it himself then he could just GAIN weight and then I would win! lol They aren't as dumb as they'd like us to think. But yes, I can relate with the skinny-friend and not wearing a bathingsuit situation. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed being attractive until I gained 30 lb. and felt so ugly.

And how do you get so lucky, being able to travel the world??? I want to go!! ;D

cherylk said...

LOL I think it's funny that you and your boyfriend are competitive. I hope you win! ;) Guys get everything so easy!!

I wish I got to travel the world! I've really only been to the Caribbean and the US (I'm Canadian). My dream is to go to Mexico or Hawaii and be able to strut around in a swimsuit that doesn't look like a dress!! You are welcome to come along! :)

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

I totally hear you about not being able to talk to friends about doing this. My best friend who has trouble keep her weight up (yes, she eats like a horse) is probably the most understanding, ironically enough. I guess because we've been buds for 25 year and she really knows me and sees how much anguish this extra weight has caused me.

It's the rest of my friends that do need to lose weight, and are wary (like I was) of trying yet another "diet" that will ultimately fail and leave them heavier than before they started. I think they're all watching me, seeing if I really lose it and keep it off. For the most part they aren't even interested in knowing the science behind it. I want to shout it off the rooftops, share it with everyone!

I love the story about hubby dancing around in his skivvies -- you gotta love men, they have such fewer issues regarding their body. He sounds like a sweetie!

BizBuzz said...

Good grief Cheryl, I could have written what you just wrote. Believe me when I tell you that there are more than a few of us that have shared your stories.

It's funny, my sister and I started this together back in June. She has now started her 2nd round and this time with her husband. She called me JUST this morning that she was OVER him doing this with her! LOL - she says he is constantly calling her and asking her if he can have this, or if he can have that! I just laughed!

OOOOO, I can't wait to see pics! Believe me, it was only because I had so much confidence in this working that I took beginning pics. I wanted to prove to myself I could do this. And look at me now, over 60 pounds later.

I so understand the whole "unreal" thing...it will KEEP happening to you. When I really stop to think about what I have accomplished just since the beginning of this summer, I want to cry too.

Have a beautiful sunshiny day!

cherylk said...

You guys are so great! How did I get so lucky to find you?

Lili, at least your friends understand what it's like to want to lose weight. I think mine just roll their eyes and say, "Cheryl's on another *diet*. Wonder how long this one will last?" I never even want to tell anyone that I'm dieting! You are lucky to have the friend you have, she sounds like a treasure. :)


Biz, you have been such a constant source of information and inspiration! You have no idea how much I'm rooting for you. You give so selflessly of your time, and you really deserve to have amazing results!

It's always good to know that others have gone through what I'm going through. It's comforting. Misery loves company, I guess! hehe

I'll be posting a new post later. I like to post later in the day! Looking forward to reading new posts from any of you!

Have a great day!