Saturday, November 3, 2007

Day 25 VLCD

Round 1
Date started – October 8th, 2007
Starting Weight – 267 lbs
Weight today – 246.5
Weight loss today – 0.5 lbs
Weight loss yesterday – 2 lbs
Weight loss since beginning – 20.5 lbs


Good morning all! I figured I'd post earlier since I'll be out all day. Normally I like to post at the end of the day.. sort of a record on how I did!

Well, another 0.5 lbs gone. Yay! As long as the scale is moving, I'm happy! And you know what's funny? My scale doesn't only measure in 0.5 increments, I just seem to lose/gain in 0.5 increments! My hubby gets 0.2s and 0.8s.. etc. Maybe it's more accurate for a lighter person, I dunno!

I really enjoyed catching up on all your posts! It sounds like everyone has had a good week with some ups and downs. I guess it's all par for the course. I really enjoy this little blogging community we've got going. I don't think I could do this without you guys. Who else would listen to me complain about gaining and who else would share their knowledge and let me know everything will work itself out in the wash?

I think you really do need a support group when you're trying to lose weight. I think, for me, so many people think, "Oh another diet".. or "Just eat less and exercise more". They really have no clue about the struggle of weight. You guys get it. Granted some of you don't have a lot to lose, but you know that feeling of not feeling comfortable in your own skin. I alway say to my husband, "Ok, I'm ready to take off the fat suit, now." And to me, that's what this weight is. It's a big fat suit, and I'm hiding underneath it. I can't wait for the reveal!

Well happy Saturday everyone! Do something nice for yourselves today, you deserve it!

Cheryl :)

p.s. - can someone tell me how I can put a ticker on the top of my blog? Or do I need to change my template to do that? I feel so lost with all this html stuff!!

5 comments:

Amie said...

Heya Cheryl!

Another half-pound bites the dust! Whoo-eee!

I'm with you in loving the community we have here. We have some vets, some new-er comers and some brand-newbies, and everyone is so open and supportive that it really makes this protocol THAT much easier to stick with and feel good about.

You know, I was talking to my boss the other day a little about this protocol and you know what he told me? He said that I don't need to inject myself to get thin. I just need to eat right and exercise. Was I wrong to want to deck the smugness out of him?? lol Cuz I reeeallly wanted to. That's what worked for him, and that's great. But as soon as he stops, it'll all come back. Good luck with that, Dr. Self-Righteous Jerk! ;)~

OK, now I'm done. As for the ticker, you can click on anyone else's ticker or go to www dot tickerfactory dot com, scroll down a little to the menus and click the one for "Weight Loss". Select your ticker ruler (remember to click on the numbers below to go to the next pages of rulers, or it will take you right to the slider part), then click "Next" and pick your slider, click "Next" and pick a password/PIN and Voila! :) It gives you the html code to put in your blog. Remember when you update your weight every day to change the date so that it will plot on your graph too! :D Select and copy the HTML code.

Go to Edit the Layout of your blog. Click on Add Page Element and select "HTML/Javascript". Paste the HTML code into the box and add a title if you want.

That might be a little convoluted, but that's what ya do :) Feel free to ask questions, and there are probably other peeps out there that are better at it than me. HTH!

Burcu J said...

Hello Cheryl,
Thank you so very much for your support. I'm glad to be part of this cummunity and surrounded by great people. Keep up the great work.
B

Wendy said...

Well said on the community effort, Cheryl! I too believe that it makes your journey easier if you can "chat" with people that are all in your boat. We are all working towards a common goal. My oldest son asked me the other morning when I was working on posting something why I have a blog that just talks about my weightloss and this protocol. I told him it is because I feel like if I could help just one person who has struggled like I have, it would make my day! And that without others doing the same thing for me, I wouldn't have made it this far.

You are doing awesome! Keep up the losses!!!

Lisa Larson said...

Hey Cheryl! I love the blogging thing too - I had never done it before this, but it has been a great way to keep me motivated and a place for me to do introspection. I love the feedback. It also helps me stay accountable. Sounds like Amie did a good job telling you about the ticker.

cherylk said...

Hi Amy!

Girl you make me laugh every day! I love that. You sound like a blast to hang out with!

Thank you for the help with the ticker. I got it working! :)

Wendy,

I agree, the blogging helps so much. It helps to keep me "honest", too. For me, if I have to come and tell all of you, I cheated, that will just kill me! Plus, I hope it helps others to read that we all have good days and bad days.

I'll check out your blog tomorrow! Gosh, there are so many of us!

Larbsl,

Thanks for taking the time to post a comment on my blog! I'll take all the support I can get. Blogging keeps me motivated, too. I think I need some kind of accountability. I'll check out your blog, too!