Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Day 43 VLCD - Another 10 days of Hcg!

Round 1
Date started – October 8th, 2007
Starting Weight – 267 lbs
Weight today – 236.5 lbs
Weight loss today – 0.5 lbs
Weight loss yesterday – 0 lbs
Weight loss since beginning – 30.5 lbs

Thank you for all of your comments yesterday! I bit the bullet and made a new batch! I've upped my dose to the 266 IU a day, and I'm excited to see what happens! A few days ago, if you had asked me if I would extend this, I would have said "No way!!". I was pretty bored of the diet. With many of you talking about starting this weekend, it's given me new motivation to keep going. It's so much easier to do this with friends than alone!

I think my biggest worry was that I'd just keep gaining and losing the same pound over and over for the next 10 days. Well, today I lost an additional half pound, and I'm lower than I've been yet! Yay! I think my Hcg had gone south.. I was experiencing some hunger. After making the new batch, I got the headache (just like in the beginning) and my breasts swelled up (TMI, sorry!) also like in the beginning. On a side note, that's what happened when I was pregnant, too! I think the Hcg was already working its way out of my system.. so I'm hopeful that I'll do well in the next 10 days! (Thanks for the well wishes on your blog today, Biz! )

Ok, I'm off to make soup.. ! It snowed here last night; big fluffy snowflakes softly lit with the streetlights behind them. It was magical. My daughter said she felt like she was in a snow globe! Looking out at the trees and roads all carpeted in a blanket of white, I have a feeling of quiet and coziness and peace. It's a good day :)

Cheryl

7 comments:

Wendy said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!! I am glad you are going on... perserverance....YIPPEEE

I wish it was snowing here.. )o: It might not hit 85 today... maybe 84... he he

Thank you for your lovely comments. It means a lot to me to get them!! Kinda like being a little girl waiting for a letter in the mail.. So excited everyday to see what is there!

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and God bless!!

~W

Crystal Lee said...

Awww you paint such a nice picture with your words hon. :D It is raining like cats and doggys here...we hardly ever get snow. I need to come and visit some of you gals so I can see real snow. LOL

So you are down YEA!! Good deal hon. I might try sublingual next time just to see what happens. I think after 5 weeks of injections I am going to be tired of them. :P

Take care hon!!

Crystal
TNGal80

cherylk said...

Thanks Wendy, but I already had my Thanksgiving! Canada's Thankgiving is in October.. which is the ONLY reason I can go 10 more days! I'm having turkey for Christmas!! hehe

I love rainy days, actually, Crystal. They seem like great days for reflection for some reason!

That would be cool if you did sublingual! I'd like to see how it works compared to injections! I MIGHT try injections.. B is trying to talk me into it hehe :)

Burcu J said...

Hey,
You've decided to go 10 more days. Its great. another .5 pound is gone so thats another good news. I am sure you will do great in 10 days. I will catch u online later.
Se Ya ;)

BizBuzz said...

SNOW??? Where the heck do you live??? Oh wait, I just saw that you live in CANADA!

WOO HOO FOR YOU!!! Great decision making processes you go thru! What a ride this is eh???

Cannot wait to see what the next 10 days bring for you!

Anonymous said...

Hi baby! Injections are a cinch -- and I dod the intramuscular ones with the 1 1/4" needle (stop cringing, Biz!). I figure if I'm going to do hcg, I want to do it in the most potent version possilbe! Although that is up for debate -- many people say sublingual is just as good. So -- anyhow -- thanks for the lovely snow image. And have a great time losing more weight!

cherylk said...

Thanks so much for your encouragement, Biz! It really does mean a lot. I so look to the "veterans" to help me on this journey. I'd be lost without you!!

Lili, I was looking at the needle I use to transfer the Hcg into the amber bottle (it's only 5/8") and I asked myself if I could even stick that in my skin... I don't know! To know that you stick one in your leg that is about twice is long...OMG! My hat is off to you! Maybe someday I'll get brave!! You're my hero! :)