Sunday, November 18, 2007

Day 40 VLCD - :( Back on the staircase!

Round 1
Date started – October 8th, 2007
Starting Weight – 267 lbs
Weight today – 238 lbs
Weight loss today – +1 lbs
Weight loss yesterday – 1 lb
Weight loss since beginning – 29 lbs

I'm not so happy, today :( I don't really have an explanation as to why I gained. I know I didn't drink enough water. I had a lot of trouble getting it down, yesterday. I also ate dinner REALLY late. I waited for my husband to get home, and we didn't end up eating until after 11 PM, I think.

I'm also not feeling fantastic, today. My throat is really sore, my glands are up and I feel "phlegmy".

I'm just sad that I can't say I've lost 30 pounds anymore :(

I also want to say that I hope you guys don't feel like I'm ramming my own opinions down your throats. I know I can be long-winded, but I really am just trying to help. The supplements post was really just to show what I take, and what makes me feel better. I think it really is personal, and I was feeling really tired and dragging until I went back on them. In my 20s I had two serious bouts of pneumonia, and I think I've been struggling to get my body back on track ever since. The vitamins have helped! I am so open-minded to everything. We all have to do what works for us.

If you get a chance, I highly recommend reading "Ultra Metabolism" by Mark Hyman, M.D. He has all kinds of quizzes in his book that help you self-diagnose any problems you may have.. and tells you what you need to do about them. It's not just a weightloss book, it's a health book, and I refer to it constantly! He really saved my health. Now Dr. Simeon's is saving my weight problem. I feel really blessed.

Thanks again to those of you who take the time to comment on my blog. I really appreciate it! It makes me feel like "part of the gang" and like I'm not in this alone :)

Cheryl

7 comments:

Burcu J said...

Hello,
Girl pls.don't worry about that one pound. It will be gone in no time.I also hope that you feel better. I don't think I would never be brave enough to do this If it wasn't for you wonderful people supporting me.Hang in there.

BohemianBlue said...

you shouldn't have to apologize for writing what you feel. Hey it's your journal. It's not your fault some people have short attention spans (except for people on here yall cool! lol). Don't worry about that pound. when this is all said and done you'll be wondering why you were worrying about a few gains here or there when the overall success of the protocol is much more significant by a thousand times! Don't let your overall progress be overshadowed by a measly pound girl!

Crystal Lee said...

Hey girlfriend! I am in agreement with Bohemian...never apologize about what you write on your blog. I sure as heck dont! LOL Its my personal property and those who read it do so at their own risk. LOL HAHA! :D

But seriously...I commented somewhere either on my blog or yours how your vitamin list really helped me. Selenium is #1 on my list girlie! I know I need some soon.

Also, please do not worry about one pound. We all have our ups and downs...mine have been Up Up and Away! lately but I will lose it next week on P2. And, I can not stress this enough, dont worry about gaining on P3. Everyone does, its just your metabolism balancing itself out. It will come off and you are doing just fab!

Hugs!!
Crystal :D

Amy's Blog said...

I'm sorry about the pound, but it could EASILY be from not enough water. You aren't done with vlcd's yet are you? You can get the number 30 back! I hope you feel better!

I didn't think you were ramming opinions on anyone... then again, I loved what you said. heh heh. I think everyone is just so busy to comment on the blogs. When I started there were only 2 other hcg boggers besides me. We've grown so much. I love to read them all, but am hard pressed to comment on everyone's.

It's great you monitor your thyroid. All my siblings got thyroid disease & I didn't get it myself until 47. Two of them were Graves, but I ended up with Hashi's. It sounds like you have a good doctor who knows which tests to order (free hormones) and how to read the tests.

Anonymous said...

What is this nonsense, apologising for your post??? I ditto all of the above, AND have to thank you for your list -- it's very helpful!

I'm up a pound too today and do not like it ONE BIT. Harumph.

I definitely going to check out that book -- thanks for the recomendation!

beachbrights said...

You and I both are stair steppers...you know the drill...tomorrow will be down. You must believe in it! You have done beautiful and are almost done with this round. Be proud!

I would not take your comments or post any other way! You write so well and in a way that seems that you are talking directly to me! Never apologize...we are all in this together and need to hear everything to get through this protocol! Yea know, Dr. S was a LITTLE vague on a few points, Ha!

Oh yea, You have to get me through P3, so we can be P2 buddies come Jan!!!!

XOXO

cherylk said...

You guys really are awesome!! I wasn't really apologizing, I was just trying to explain.. in case I was coming across as pushy, or narrow-minded, or something!

I know how hard it is to convey tone over the internet.. and my mother always calls me a "know-it-all" in the most loving way. I have a knack for remembering what I've read and can comment on just about anything! (Although sometimes I shouldn't! LOL )

But thank you to all of you for coming to my defense! I am really touched :) And thank you for understanding that I'm not trying to tell you what to do. I love hearing everyone's method's and I'm learning so much, too!

And thanks for your comments on that pound gain. You were right, it's gone.. phew. I'm going to get an ulcer over one lousy pound. BB, you're so right, it's so insignificant to my overall success. I'll try to keep that in mind. It's just so hard when you're "in the trenches"

Thanks again everyone *HUGS* :)