Monday, November 19, 2007

Day 41 VLCD

Round 1
Date started – October 8th, 2007
Starting Weight – 267 lbs
Weight today – 237
Weight loss today – 1 lb
Weight loss yesterday – +1 lb
Weight loss since beginning – 30 lbs

Oh the mind games this diet brings with it! Well I lost the pound (just like you said cb!) but.. it didn't take any friends hehe :) STILL, I can say I've lost 30 pounds today! yay!

A friend of mine (who is very overweight) was just at my house. She said I looked thinner and I said "thanks!" And she said that she had been to her doctor's and he said that she had to lose weight. He said that she had the beginnings of hardening of the arteries and heart disease. I think she's in her 50s. Anyway, she asked me how I've lost the weight, and I just said, as I've said to everyone, "I'm on a very strict medical diet". And I usually leave it at that. The large majority of my friends are very slim, and I don't think they would benefit from anything I tell them about the diet. I had sworn that I wasn't going to tell ANYONE what I was doing, because I remembered how I felt when I first heard about it. "What?!? You inject yourself with pregnancy hormones?? That can't be safe!!" LOL! Now that I'm converted, all my fears are allayed, but I realize that most people will have the same reaction that I did. SO, I keep my mouth shut.

When my friend said to me that her health was at risk, I couldn't resist "trying to help". She's been overweight for as long as I've know her. (And I've known her for probably 8 years). I took the leap and told her about the diet. It was a big mistake! The more I talked, the bigger her eyes got.. the more horrified she looked. I even showed her my Hcg and she said, "You have to order away for it?" and "500 calories? Oh my God!" ... Imagine if I had told her I was injecting it, instead of sublingually? I think she would have arranged an intervention! LOL I have never had anyone leave my house so quick. She was talking about her doctor's appointment, and she was going to be late.. but I could tell I totally shocked her. It's too bad, I think she would really benefit from the diet. She left with a "Well, Weight Watcher's always works for me." BUT, I have never seen her anything but overweight. I asked her not to tell anyone what I was doing, as it was very controversial, and I didn't want to hear any lectures. She said she wouldn't, but I could tell she wanted to say something!

I think I made a bad call. I should have waited until I'd lost all the weight instead of just 30 pounds. I think it has more impact when you become a completely different person! Sometimes I want so badly to help, that I don't think before I speak. Plus, I think I might have made some comment about skin not being as elastic as we get older.. I have a bad feeling she thought I was saying she was old! I meant me! I lost a lot of weight in my 20s without the sagging skin, but now I'm terrified of it. Oh well, she knows I'd never say anything to hurt anyone, so hopefully she realizes what I meant.

I'm so glad I have all of you. Every single one of us, without exception, has lost weight! Now THAT's a case study! I have to remember that this is the best path for me.. and the only path that has worked. No matter what any of the naysayers say, I'm sticking with this. I was also a pioneer on Atkins.. long before many jumped on the low carb bandwagon! I don't mind being a guinea pig :)

Have a great day my fellow guinea pigs! :)

Cheryl

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Cheryl... Girly girl, you should not be so concerned with what people think of your weight loss methods! It is working fabulously for you as it is for so many others. You should be soooo proud of loosing 30 lbs! It is a great milestone no matter how many you have to loose. I am proud of you!

Just recently I found out that one of my fellow Rotarians had gastric bypass surgery. I said to the person who confided in me, that I wished I could of talked to him before he went under the knife. I really don't understand how people can think it is so "socially acceptable" to have weight loss SURGERY but the minute you mention injections, POOF cold stares and creepy feelings! I mean, I really believe that this protocol has not gotten the attention and positive reaction that it deserves....

OK, off my soap box~ You shouldn't worry about what happened with your friend. You have a lot of people out there who care about you and your progress. So, hang in there!!

((((HUGS)))))

Amy's Blog said...

I can understand how you feel. You were trying to HELP her!!!

I know one girl who understands. But like you, everyone else I know would not approve of a diet that is not recommended by the FDA. (oh pulleeeze!)

I hope your friend doesn't have a big mouth & tell others who know you. She probably doesn't realize there are clinics around the country raking in the BIG $$$ for this protocol.

I was wondering if Biz has told others. She said she was going to make them read P & I before anything else... that seemed like a safer way to go.

Hey! Congratulations on your major 30 pound milestone!