Thursday, November 8, 2007

Day 30 VLCD - Blech

Round 1
Date started – October 8th, 2007
Starting Weight – 267 lbs
Weight today – 244.5 lbs
Weight loss today – + 1 lb
Weight loss yesterday – 0.5 lbs
Weight loss since beginning – 22.5


Well, today is not a good day. I woke up in the middle of the night with diarrhea and have been back and forth to the bathroom ever since. In my morbid twisted little brain I thought, "Well at least I'll lose weight! Don't models take laxatives to lose?"... It seems I am mistaken. Not only did I not lose an ounce, but I GAINED a pound! The worst part is that I weighed after I woke up.. saw the one pound gained.. went back to bed.. got up to the bathroom again, and gained another 1/2 pound!! What was that physics law? Matter cannot be created or destroyed?? I don't care, I'm taking the first weight and sticking with it.

My hubby isn't happy with the scale today either. He said he stepped on it 3 times and got 3 different numbers. We just changed the battery so that can't be it. Maybe we've just worn the poor thing out. Can anyone give me a scale suggestion? I'm going to buy a new one.. preferably before we're done the protocol!

Anyway, I'm sick and grouchy and I'm going back to bed! I'll have to check in with you all later! Thanks for the advice on the rebounder, Lili. I hope it is water.. !!

Have a good day everyone!

Cheryl

p.s to Biz - Restless Leg Syndrome sort of feels like you can't keep your legs still. It is sort of like a tingling feeling, but you can't get any relief unless you move your legs. I literally bicycle in the bed until the magnesium kicks in. I also get it in the car on long trips, and have to get out and walk a bit, too. Tell JPS to try the magnesium and see if that relieves her symptoms. It literally kicks in within 20 minutes for me!

4 comments:

Crystal Lee said...

So sorry you are feeling bad chica! :( That is never fun and the gain is your body trying to hold onto water. That happens with the tummy sicknesses. It will hold onto every ounce to prevent dehydration.

I have taken a tea laxative the past two days and gained 2 pounds. But I had to to "feel" better b/c I was not eliminating appropriately.

I hope you and your little tummy feel better soon and get plenty of rest sweets. Talk to you tomorrow!

Crystal :D
TNGal80

Burcu J said...

Hello, don't worry scales does that sometimes.Keep your spirit up. you are doing great.
Have a good day :)

Amy's Blog said...

Sounds to me like water retention. Diarrhea - doesn't that contribute to electrolyte imbalances? Just throwing out ideas. Sorry I don't have an idea about scales. I hate scales & don't own one. I use the one at work.

I had RLS once when I had iron anemia. BF told me I was shaking my leg as I was drifting off to sleep at night. I never knew my legs were doing that. I had some other symptoms too (PICA), but did not know it was something to pay attention to. Anyway, the iron fixed it for me. But everything I've read says it can be caused by one of the minerals. Funny b/c my BF now has little leg shakes right after he drops off. I tell him about it, but he doesn't believe me. shrugs.

It kills me that the pharmaceutical industry has come up with drugs to treat RLS, when most just need one of the minerals. I think magnesium is the most common one people need.

cherylk said...

Hey guys, thanks for the well wishes! I do feel a bit better today, although still weak. Hopefully I'm on the mend. I haven't attempted to eat anything yet, though.

Amy, that's funny that your boyfriend also has RLS and is in denial. My husband has PLMD (Periodic Limb Movement Disorder). He literally kicks in his sleep! And I'm a light sleeper.. fun, huh? Does your boyfriend keep you up with his RLS? What we have to put up with! hehe