Friday, November 2, 2007

Day 24 VLCD I'm back!

Round 1
Date started – October 8th, 2007
Starting Weight – 267 lbs
Weight today – 247
Weight loss today – 2 lbs
Weight loss yesterday – 1 lb
Weight loss since beginning – 20 lbs

Hey all! Wow, it was so nice to come back to so many comments! I really never thought I'd be missed! You guys are so sweet, you brought tears to my eyes. Never would I imagine that people on the internet would care and support me as much as you guys have. I feel truly humbled.

Everything is good, it has just been a crazy busy week. I was averaging 4 hours sleep a night, and didn't sleep at all on the 30th. (I was finishing sewing my daughter's Halloween costume!). I just didn't have the energy to come online; sleep had to take precedence. My hubby has been great. I think I might not have eaten at all if it hadn't been for him. On the days where I was exhausted he cooked for me, made me eat, brought me my Hcg.. etc. I was terrible about drinking water, but he made sure I ate! I haven't cheated one single morsel, honestly, I didn't want to eat at all.

The Saturday after I posted last, I gained another pound. I went up to 251.5. I'll admit it, I broke down. I never cheat, I have cut out melba toast and oranges. I really wanted to just give up and accept that I'd never get below 250 lbs. My husband hugged me and told me to stay strong, and that I was doing great, and to not give up. And I didn't. I believe that stress, and not sleeping, really inhibits weight loss. I stayed at 251.5 pounds for 3 days and still kept putting one foot in front of the other. I made 40 chocolate-covered apples for my daughter's troop and never once licked my fingers! I just had to believe that my perseverance would pay off.

So, here I am a week later, and I am 4.5 lbs lighter! It was worth it. I slept for probably 8 hours last night for the first time in a week, and I woke up 2 pounds lighter. I can't tell you how light my heart felt. And then I opened my email for the first time in a week and found all of your comments. It was so wonderful, I can't tell you how much you've all made my day.. my week! Just knowing that you all are pulling for me, and want me to succeed touches me more than I can say. I feel great that I can come on here and let you all know that I didn't give up. I stayed the course, and I had faith in the protocol.

SO, my theory is this... you must sleep to lose weight. Studies say that fat is burned between 10PM and 2 AM, and if you aren't sleeping during these hours, you aren't burning as much fat. You have to drink the water. There is no way around it. Now that I'm back on track with these two things, the weight loss has begun again. I'm still a believer! My husband has done wonderful, too. He has lost 14 pounds in 10 days. I'm really proud of him!

Now I have a week of blogs of all of yours to read! I'm looking forward to it!

Thanks again for your comments, I really appreciate it!

Cheryl :)

5 comments:

Burcu J said...

Hello,
I just wanted to say that you are doing a great job. Keep up the good work..
Have a Good Weekend
B

Amie said...

Hello hello! Great to have you back and much lighter!

Way to get through the past few days with as few scratches and bumps as possible. Your husband sounds like an Angel! ;) Does he have a younger brother?? LOL j/k

Your body will resist change - especially when you've been at a certain weight for awhile. Mine wants to stay in the 160s forever, I think - but that is NOT an option! We WILL persevere, Cheryl!

Congrats also on great losses for your husband! We are here for both of you - from THICK to thin!

BizBuzz said...

All I can say is that it's about stinking time you get back! I have to give you a SLAP for making us all worry! And here you were just being busy and STILL LOSING WEIGHT!

SLAP

Ok, that over with! Glad your back with us, I sure missed you. Kudo's on your husband, what a good man to be so supportive!

beachbrights said...

Don't you ever go MIA again! You had me stink'n worried sick!

Anyway, glad your back and that you have continued to lose! Sounds like you did some "figuring out" and got your groove on.

MISSED YOU!

cherylk said...

Hey burcu! Welcome to the Hcg group! Thanks for the encouraging words! You have a good weekend, too. I'll check out your blog!

Thanks amie, it's great to be back! And no, hubby is an only child.. and however much I love him, he's a man, and somedays I'd like to trade him in!

I never thought I'd get out of the 250s and I'm still scared to step on the scale. Soon, I hope to be saying I can't believe I made it into the 230s! I can't wait until you're in the 150s.. gosh that sounds light!

LOL Biz, I probably deserve the smack.. I honestly didn't even think anyone would notice I was gone! Thank you for caring and worrying, it means a lot :)

I'm sorry I worried you cb! I missed you, too! Although it looks like you've done great in my absence! It's cool to come back and see all the progress I've missed. I promise I won't go MIA again! hehe

Cheryl :)